

Those family and friends wondering about the tornado that hit Kirksville last night, we are fine. We live in the southern part of Kirksville and the tornado hit in the northern. A lot of homes were damaged or even destroyed. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I'm terrified of the two T's, tornadoes and tsunamis. I'm so grateful that we have a weather radio and a basement. We had been alerted that we were under a watch, but around 5:30pm the warning went off. It got really dark outside and rained like crazy, but we didn't see any swirling clouds. Little did we know that it was brewing just north of us. Around 6pm the alerted that a tornado had touched down in north Kirksville. It was pretty surreal. When we found out we were moving here I did some research on tornadoes in this area. Apparently Kirksville or even northeast Missouri sees very little tornados. Also I just found out that one of the med student's house was destroyed and his wife went into labor all in one night.
3 comments:
Crazy tornado, huh? I think that Jenna of yours is oh so cute.
aah! I can't believe that! I'm glad you all are Ok though.
I'm glad to hear that you guys are all good. That would've been so scary!!
Post a Comment